Product description AWSensors AWS X4 (QCM – quartz crystal microbalance)
The advanced QCMD of AWSensors with multiple measuring cells (in gas or liquid).
Advanced Wave Sensors (AWSensors) is a high-tech organization that develops and produces these precision “sensing” instruments for basic research, pre-clinical research and industrial applications in-house. AWSensors also offers scientific advice and tailor-made adjustments for all of their products.
The AWS technology monitors real-time surface-bound interactions, such as adsorption and desorption processes, characterization of molecular interactions, protein changes, etc. The technology is based on the acoustic wave detection/sensing principle. The acoustic wave system detects the mass and structural changes on the sensor surface very accurately as it provides an accurate and robust measurement.
QCMD is a label-free surface analytical technique based on a quartz resonator that is activated to oscillate at a resonant frequency and on one or more overtones. Resonators/sensors can have different coatings: gold (Au), silica (SiO2), titania (TiO2), etc. It works in aqueous media or organic solvents and is therefore widely used for studying solid/liquid interfaces. At each undertone, QCMD measures changes in resonance frequency and energy reduction due to processes occurring on the resonator/sensor surface. Examples of such processes are the formation of a single or multiple layers of film or changes in the geometric or physical properties of this film.
One of the key features of a QCMD is that it is widely used in lipid studies. QCM-D can distinguish between different geometries and shape changes of lipid compositions at interfaces. For example, homogeneous solid supported “bilayers” vs. absorbed liposomes or other structures (such as “cubosomes”).
- AWS X4 has 4 load cells / channels
- High sensitivity & low detection limits.
- Fast acquisition speed.
- Modular design that allows for both “standard” and high-frequency QCMD and LOVE-SAW sensor measurements. It is also possible to place external cells.
- User-friendly handling and robust measurements with “quick-lock” measuring cells.
- Instrument control and data monitoring via Ethernet.
- Integrated “potentiostat control” for simultaneous QCMD and electrochemistry applications.
- Optional is the so-called “fluidics module” with integrated software control.
- Basic data analysis package and export functions for software analysis.
- Space-saving and lightweight design.