Product description SITA SurfaSpector
The easiest solution for contact angle measurements for QA applications!
The SITA SurfaSpector is a portable measuring device for testing the surfaces of objects that are to undergo or have undergone surface treatment or cleaning. By measuring the contact angles (with or without wetting) on metals, glass, plastic and other surfaces, an objective measurement is carried out quickly and easily. That is why the SITA SurfaSpector is an ideal hand-held measuring device for quality checks in the workplace or in laboratories.
The SITA SurfaSpector has been specially developed for quality laboratories (QA lab) that need to perform contact angle measurements quickly and easily. Previously, these optical measuring instruments were equipped with extra accessories and therefore not always handy and suitable for the workplace and certain laboratories. Contact angle measurements can now be easily achieved by placing a water droplet on an object via an automatic pump and tip and measuring the drop angle with the substrate using a camera.
An automatic dosing system places a drop of water very accurately on the surface of the object to be measured.
Then the drop is illuminated from the side and the shadow of the drop is projected onto an inclined measuring surface. The projection of the drop is captured from above by a high-resolution camera and then the photo is corrected for the “perspective”.
The contact angle is determined / calculated from the recorded drop. The lower the contact angle, the better the surface is wetted.
Functional and user-friendly
- Automated measurement procedure including liquid droplet placement and detection and direct determination of contact angles
- Handy sensor head for measuring different geometric parts
- Simple operation via color touchscreen
- Mobile and portable without a PC and can be used directly in the workplace or in the (production) process
- Limit value monitoring when measuring contact angle values and measuring profiles
- Optional PC software SITA-SurfaceLog for advanced visualization (graphs and tables) and export of measurement data