Product description SITA FoamTester
Make foam – measure foam – analyze foam = understand foam!
First make foam, measure the foam, analyze the foam and the result is that you will understand foam! Is all this possible? Yes, you can and everything in one measuring instrument: de SITA FoamTester.
With the SITA FoamTester you step into the world of “real foaming”.
The unique design of this instrument includes everything for a successful foam examination. These FoamTesters can be found in various industries and are served by multiple users (beginner or an experienced professional). Due to the unique modular design, the SITA FoamTester can be expanded with foam structure analysis options. These extra options (hard and software) provide you with a fully automatic evaluation and identification foam analysis instrument.
SITA FoamTester has a glass measuring container (200 to 500ml) including a patented agitator (max. 2,000 rpm), which makes it possible to create very accurate foam at different temperatures (0°C to 60°C) and surfactant concentrations. A liquid reservoir equipped with a magnetic stirrer gives the user the possibility to perform several measurements in succession. The fully automatic FoamTester goes through several steps from sample preparation to foam analysis and then cleaning. Previously, these were manual actions, now this is fully automatic.
Advantages of automatic foam testing
- Autonomous repetition of test measurements without user intervention
- User influence limitations on the measurements
- Immediate insight into the reproducibility of the foam
- Quick and easy screening of test and sample parameters
- Influence of the formulation and certain raw materials on the foaming behaviour
- Foam stability of, for example, toothpaste and soap/shampoo for foam baths
- Foam structure as a reference point for user perception
- Influence of water hardness on aging processes
- Durability of anti-foaming agent (de-foamers)
Inks, paints and coatings.
- Effectiveness of anti-foaming agent (de-foamers)
- Influence of temperature on the foaming behavior of spray cleaner installations
- Influence of contaminants on foaming behavior in cleaning baths.
- Influence of foam behavior and failures in the paper industry
- Recipe optimization to reduce foaming during bottle/container filling
- Reduction of foaming during bottle/canister/container/drum filling
- Adaptation of foaming additives in textile production
- Foaming effects of polymers in plastics production
- Convenient evaluation of measurement data with the SITA-FoamLab software in the laboratory and office
- Full transparency of measurement progress and results through intuitive visualization
- Analysis of the ascending slope (volume increase) and the final volume during foaming
- Analysis of foam decay and drainage
- Analysis of bubble/cell sizes and shapes in the foam structure
Extensive characterization of foam and foam behavior by:
- determining further parameters such as “half-life period” and foam density;
- the individual height dependent evaluation of foam structure parameters such as average bubble size or circularity index;
- monitoring time-dependent changes in the foam structure;
- flexible comparisons display of different measurement results;
- easy export of data and results for documentation and storage.